What beliefs make back pain more likely to be chronic?
All of the following are listed as beliefs that increase the risk of chronicity:
* The belief that back pain is due to progressive pathology
* The belief that back pain is harmful or severely disabling
* The belief that avoidance of activity will help recovery
* A tendency to low mood and withdrawal from social interaction
* The expectation that passive treatments rather than active self management will help.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:26.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.