Community Forum top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

Go Back   Community Forum > Discussion & Community > Medical & Health Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 9th, 2005, 19:27

Numb Around Eye And Hypersensitive to Light Changes!

Numb Around Eye And Hypersensitive to Light Changes!:
I work with accounts that require intensely looking at a computer for extended periods of time (5 hours straight before lunch, 3 hours after lunch) as well as fine print on paper. After about 2.5 months of this I turned the light off one evening and my right eye saw things much darker than the left eye. It freaked me out so I turned the light back on and I have been miserable ever since, and am now on a medical leave of absence. Generally the left eye (“hurt eye”) feels numb above and/or below it most of the time. Sometimes the eye hurts in the back of it and around tit. There is pressure in that side of my face around my eye and it kind of feels like I am looking out glass. It is a strain to keep my eye open and look at things, and is hard to focus.
The hurt eye is extremely sensitive to contrasts of light (turning lights off). I periodically get spots (dime size) around my scalp that hurt real bad like bruises when touched. It keeps me up at night, and it has made me increasingly anxious! When there is too drastic of a light change (complete light to dark), it has made the injury seem to revert to an even worse state than it ever was (and that has happened 3 times in the 1.5 months of the injury). The doctors won’t give me the attention it needs to figure this out, either saying my eye itself looks healthy or it could be a thousand things.
I have been to general physicians, and optamologist, and an ophthalmologist. I can’t handle going through this pain, discomfort and anxiety and not even knowing what’s going on or how to help “it” (whatever “it” is) heal. Does anyone have an idea what this is? Even if it’s just an idea, I could at least discuss the possibility with a doctor at my hospital.